Tumblr

I got bored last night and set up a new tumblelog, iamverytall.tumblr.com. For those of you that don't know what a tumblog is, the line that they give is:

"If blogs are journals, tumblelogs are scrapbooks."
After actually looking at how tumblelogs (that's a really long name, now that I have to keep typing it) work, I have to admit that I don't really get it. The chief differentiator between a tlog (ah, much shorter) and a blog is that it's a lot easier to add media posts to tlogs than it is to blogs, e.g. you don't have to find an alternate site to host that mp3 that you want to put up, you can e-mail photos from your phone, etc. But that's additional functionality, and it doesn't preclude me from using tumblr in the exact same way that I use Blogger. Maybe I'm missing something, but it's hard to see why a blog is any more text-friendly than the tlog, save for the most superficial of reasons. Bottom line, there's no obvious reason that the tblog can't be both a journal and a scrapbook, and if I'm going to manage an online presence, I'd rather do it where I have more options, not less.

Of course, I could be missing something. So I'll play along with it for now, and will probably use it to post music, pictures, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    just wanted to let you know that there is a css error in your theme  

  2. Anonymous said...

    i am hobby visual artist, is there a chance you like to publish some of my photos? i guess it would be fun and fit on your cms :-)
    absolutely like your design! write me a mail please in case you want to see my pictures  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.