A new era

For the last month, I've been in a pretty bad place. I've been working pretty much non-stop on my applications and have also had a ton of job-related work to do. For various other reasons, I've also been lonelier and sadder than I've been in about three or four years.

Tonight has been a most excellent reprieve. I went to a converted comedy club/bar called Comix tonight, where I and a large contingent of New Yorkers watched and cheered as Barack Obama completed his two-year march to the White House. The atmosphere was more charged than anything I've ever seen, with the entire crowd constantly erupting into cheers for Obama. Everyone was openly excited and emotional, with random strangers hugging and giving each other high fives. I might have even got a bit emotional myself - while I was being interviewed, a reporter commented that it looked like I had tears in my eyes. It was truly an atmosphere of love and camaraderie, cheesey as that may sound. The girl that was constantly trying to feel me up took it a little bit too far, but I'm going to chalk that up to electoral spirit.

In any case, Happy Election Day, America. Congratulations, I think we got it right this time.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.